The oldest mining company in the country

Świętokrzyskie Industrial Group INDUSTRIA (formerly Świętokrzyskie Mines of Mineral Resources) is one of the few companies with such a long history and tradition within the field of the extraction and processing of rock materials in the Świętokrzyskie region.

The year 1874 can be assumed as the date of establishment of “Kieleckie Kopalnie Surowców Mineralnych” (the Kielce Mines of Mineral Resources). The company took over the traditions and experiences established in 1874 by “Przedsiębiorstwo Kopalń Marmurów Kieleckich” (the Kielce Marble Mines Company), located in Kielce at ul. Ściegiennego 5.

Stanisław Staszic is believed to have laid the foundations for a modern mining industry. After the establishment of the Congress Kingdom of Poland in 1816, thanks to his efforts, the Main Directorate of Mining and the associated Academy of Mining were established. Significant expenditures were made in the mines of various types of ores, including stone, in the vicinity of Kielce and Chęciny. A number of mines and industrial plants were renovated with old-fashioned devices rebuilt and modernized.

New ones were planned in the area of ​​the Kamienna River, Białogon (now a district of Kielce), Miedzianka near Chęciny, and Samsonów near Miedziana Góra. The products of “Przedsiębiorstwo Kopalń Marmurów Kieleckich” (the Kielce Marble Mines Company), like other mining companies in this region, have become recognized throughout Europe. They were also exported to America. The crisis of the 1930s and World War II resulted in the reduction in production, however did not cause the plant to be closed.

 

COMPANY HISTORICAL TIMELINE

1872-1874
A. Welke

Presentation of his immense passion and love for stone at: the Moscow Polytechnic Exhibition, the Great Universal Exhibition in Vienna and the Industrial and Agricultural Exhibition in Warsaw

1872-1874
1874

Engineer August Repphan, lawyer Józef Kokeli and A.Welke form “Przedsiębiorstwo Kopalń Marmurów Kieleckich” (the Kielce Marble Mines Company)

1874
01.04.1874
First extraction from the mines in Chęciny
PKMK starts operating 
 
01.04.1874
17/29.07.1876
Processing launch
17/29.07.1876
1905
A.Welke founds the Kielce Stonemasons’ Congregation
1905
1949
Company’s nationalization 
1949
1952
Company is given the name “Kieleckie Zakłady Kamienia Budowlanego” (the Kielce Construction Stone Plant). 
1952
1952
Launch of marble processing line in Białogon. 
1952
1956
Introduction of a new assortment –  crushed limestone aggregate.
Company is given the name: “Kieleckie Przedsiębiorstwo Produkcji Kruszywa (the Kielce Aggregate Production Plant)
 
1956
1983
Company adopts the name “Kieleckie Kopalnie Surowców Mineralnych” (the Kielce Mine of Mineral Resources) and the production of calcium and magnesium fertilizers is introduced.
1983
1999
Extraction of new deposits is launched in the “Winna” mine.
1999
2003
“Kieleckie Kopalnie Surowców Mineralnych” (the Kielce Mines of Mineral Resources) becomes commercialized and is given the status of one-person company of State Treasury.
2003
2011

On April 14, the Minister of the Treasury transferred the ownership of the ordinary registered shares of Kieleckie Kopalnie Surowców Mineralnych S.A. with its seat in Kielce to the company Surowce Skalne Wschód Sp. z o.o. with its seat in Warsaw by providing it with a multiple-share certificate.

2011
2016
Świętokrzyskie Mines of Mineral Resources is set up with its seat in Kielce as a result of the buy-out of KKSM S.A in the liquidation bankruptcy.
2016
2021

New era begins

Inauguration of Hydrogen Cluster, origins of green transformation.

2021
31.10.2022

Świętokrzyskie Mines of Mineral Resources was transformed into Świętokrzyska Grupa Przemysłowa INDUSTRIA S.A. (Świętokrzyskie Industrial Group INDUSTRIA S.A.)

31.10.2022

Formularz kontaktowy

Rafał Głowacki

Formularz kontaktowy

Paweł Gątkowski