A presentation of Świętokrzyska Grupa Przemysłowa INDUSTRIA S.A.(Świętokrzyskie Industrial Group INDUSTRIA) took place on July 5, 2022 at the European Center for Geological Education at the University of Warsaw in Korzecko, Chęciny Municipality.
At the meeting, INDUSTRIA S.A. presented the four pillars of its business.
Świętokrzyskie Industrial Group INDUSTRIA is grounded in almost 150-year history of Kielce Marbles and the industrial traditions of the region. Industria combines these traditions with modern technologies and care for the natural environment.
It consists of:
The ambitious objectives within the Industria Group are energy-independent, zero-emission mines producing aggregates and ecological fertilizers, with their own transport based on green hydrogen, and a beneficial Energy transformation for the entire region by providing other entities with access to zero-emission energy, logistics and green hydrogen.
There are currently three mines operating as part of Świętokrzyskie Mines of Mineral Resources:
– JAŹWICA MINE
– LASKOWA MINE
– WINNA MINE
In 2021, the Company received an award as the Leader of the Region in the mining category, which reflects its prosperity and financial performance.
We crave to satisfy the modern needs of Polish agriculture by increasing the quality of crops and better promotion of the food produced in Our Country.
In addition to mined dolomite aggregate, we offer magnesium-containing carbonate lime fertilizer for soil deacidification – DEWONIT.
Our product is fully ecological and natural. It has a significant magnesium content, which varies depending on the mine, and its value reaches up to 20%.
A novelty that we have just launched is CalciGrow lime fertilizer – a product based on a natural raw material 100% produced in our mines in a granular form and additionally ground/crushed. This offsets the costs incurred by farmers in applying lime to the field and the use of smaller doses of lime compared to the dusty form.
The next step in the development of INDUSTRIA Fertilizers is the commissioning of a modern, high-efficiency, low-emission fertilizer production line and the placement of an installation for additional grinding of fertilizers.
We are currently working on a prototype of the premium product CalAgri, based on the lime fertilizer from the ŚKSM mine.
Moreover, we are in the the process of developing and analyzing the performance of the new fertilizer formula and their impact on yields, plant and soil chemistry. We are considering adding other minerals to our fertilizers; introducing organic additives, industrial and municipal residues as part of our concern for nature and the ecology of the “closed-cycle economy.”
The idea behind INDUSTRIA Logistics is to strengthen the company’s market position through a high standard of transport services that go hand in hand with environmental protection. Low-emission transportation is one of the initiatives implemented as part of the company’s sustainable development strategy.
INDUSTRIA Logistics uses both road and railway transport for aggregates, along with comprehensive unloading services directly to the locations where they are used.
In the area of logistics, mainly by road, we decided to change our strategy over a year ago and invested in low-emission LNG-powered trucking. We are aiming for zero-emission transportation in the future.
OWN RAILWAY SIDING
We have our own siding, with a loading capacity of up to 10,000 tonnes/day, which gives us the ability to dispatch aggregate by railway transport to any region of Poland and brings a number of benefits that are an alternative to road transport, e.g.:
– Lower CO2 emissions
– High loading capacity of the train
– Less sensitivity to traffic volumes as well as holiday and weekend bans
Our trucks transport one million tonnes of aggregate per year and the use of a low-carbon fleet contributes to lower carbon emissions in the supply chain.
The company is considering investments to increase the share of railway transport in deliveries made.
INDUSTRIA Green Energy
“Toward a Green Transformation” plan by 2030 with three key goals:
– Produce green energy from zero-carbon energy sources
– Introducing a “closed-cycle economy” for water management by using mine water to produce green hydrogen
– Reducing CO2 emissions by replacing diesel combustion with the use of green hydrogen in mining machinery and heavy transportation
Deputy Minister of Climate and Environment Ireneusz Zyska said that thanks to the Industria Group’s activities, the Świętokrzyskie region has the opportunity to become a strong industrial center.
– ‘This is an important initiative that sets a new ambitious direction in the economic development of the Świętokrzyskie land. Thanks to it, there is a chance for Kielce and the entire region to become a strong center referring to the Central Industrial District.’, he adds.
– ‘The announcement and establishment of the Świętokrzyskie Industria Industrial Group is aimed at creating the economy of the future in the region. We hope that the production of green hydrogen, which will be made available to entities in the region, will lead to the reindustrialization of the province. We hope that it will be profitable to locate factories here, industrial plants that will operate on a completely new basis: in an ecological way, while creating new jobs. We want people from other regions of Poland, or people who once left the Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship, to return here later in this decade, because industry will flourish and there will be well-paid jobs in our region soon.’, adds the President of the Świętokrzyskie Mines of Mineral Resources.